Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Open, close
see the light and turn around, please don't break
not just yet because there are too many things that I have left
left unsaid
when I used to breathe the air before I realised there was a limit
a stop in time, a break in the wavelength... a flatline
and I guess you never got close enough for that final beep cause yours
it was silent, you slipped away in an instant
quietly, desperately, hopelessly
I see it all play out and I feel it all string out all of the bones in my body,
and play them like sick drums, with knives
what did you think you would find? I think I could ask that
to anyone and to everyone who breathed the same air and felt
that sudden stop and then the breaks and the jarring and the solid walls that fall away in places
that emptiness you hold yourself up on

No comments:

Post a Comment